Saturday, July 31, 2010

Radio Ham exam advice (UK)?

Im interested in aquiring a licence for amateur radio. i need to know more about the exam.How do i go about taking it, what does it entail and is it very difficult?. Thanks in advance.Radio Ham exam advice (UK)?
I found this list of syllabi for study for the three different classes of licenses in the UK.





I also suggest looking at the material for the RSGB. I found a couple of things here that might be helpful. They are the organization that I think is very similar to our ARRL here in the States.


It seems similar to the way we generally approach things here. Of course, while we once had 6 classes of license, we now have three, just as it is there.





I wish you luck in your study, and I hope someday to be able to work you on the air. Its a fun hobby, and one I've been involved with for 41 years.





A UK Ham will be the best choice to advise you in how to begin, but if there is anything an old yank can do to help you along, just e-mail me.





AB9BD

No comments:

Post a Comment