Saturday, July 31, 2010

UK: I want some honest advice. If I decide to major in sociology, would I have no chance in the civil service?

To do admin you only need 5 good GCSE's so do you think its better I don't do the degree and apply for the admin position and then work my way up the career ladder? I don't want to go to uni and study something I hate, like science or math (relatives are advising me against sociology). :/UK: I want some honest advice. If I decide to major in sociology, would I have no chance in the civil service?
I worked up in the civil service with just GCSE's but I came to a halt at a certain level. Basically the sky's the limit if you have a degree...obviously you have to be quite ambitious and work hard but if I were you I would go to uni and do the degree because it gives you so much more choice when it comes to employment in the civil service.


Have you got a career course in mind? For example, if you wanted to work in housing there is a degree in housing which would give you a basic understanding of the jobs before you set foot in the workplace...


Maybe you should think about which area you'd like to work in and see if there are specific degrees in that area?UK: I want some honest advice. If I decide to major in sociology, would I have no chance in the civil service?
I think you should go to Uni, and study Sociology. You will have a blast!


When it comes to degrees, I find that having one is enough in itself..it proves you can apply yourself academically, and commit to a course of intensive study, no matter the subject.


Yes,you could work your way up ... but you will miss out on the Uni experience.
Do what you want to DO not friends and family and if you mess up you can say ok, sorry but you will have tried you chosen path

No comments:

Post a Comment