Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need some advice, UK only, from single working parents.?

My sister wants to get back to work she has children that are at school and one that is at home still, she gets housing and council tax benefit and everyone keeps telling her that if she goes back to work she will have no money and have to pay all her rent and all her council tax, sorry I know alot of couples will think so she should, but she is on her own and can only work part time.I need some advice, UK only, from single working parents.?
If your sister decided to go back to work then she can claim for Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit. If she needs to hire a childminder then WTC will also help pay for that too. She should get 25% off of her Council Tax as a single person. As for the rent, it really depends on how much she is earning etc etc. She can get Housing Benefit but they wouldnt pay the full amount.


I am a single parent in full time work and i find it very rewarding. I can buy what i like and i know i have enough for my bills when they come in at the end of the month.


I hope this helps.I need some advice, UK only, from single working parents.?
I work full time and to be honest it all really depends on how much she will be earning. Yes she can get Working Families Tax Credit and may be entitled to Council Tax benefit and Housing benefit, but if she is going to be working part time will it be enough to cover all her out goings?





I'm lucky to be earning enough now to be able not to need any benefits as such. But while working part time, I had to study to be able to get a good paying full time job.





My own opinion is that I would always want to work - I'd go crazy staying at home all day!
agree with sneaky she will also have to work over 16 hrs per week to get these benefits %26amp; she can also claim for child care cost if it is a registerd child minder, when she applys for tax credits


I was single mum with 2 young sons %26amp; worked


her maintenance payments from ex does not affect tax credits

No comments:

Post a Comment