Thursday, July 29, 2010

From Porsche Boxster owners (Esp. UK): Advice required?

I'm considering buying a Boxter or Boxter S. I have 拢7k-拢10k to buy a used one. Any advice on these cars and your experience? Things like insurance costs, servicing costs, tyres, niggles, what to look out for, recommended models etc. Any advice and information gratefully received!From Porsche Boxster owners (Esp. UK): Advice required?
I picked up a 2000 model with the 2.7L. It has the 18'; wheels which were optional. I drove many different Boxsters, which I recommend so you have a good feel for the clutch. Check the back bumper for oil...if it has a RMS leak (which these are known for) oil will collect on the back bumper. You may not be able to see it, but if you run a finger on it you will feel it. Insurance is cheap for me, not any more than a regular sedan. I performed the 60K service myself for about $250, a deal wanted $800-$1000. I'd recommend 2000 or newer. Older ones had the 2.5L and were known for more problems.





Good luck.From Porsche Boxster owners (Esp. UK): Advice required?
thats not much to spend to be honest, you wont get much, avoid 2.5 and 2.7 engines just to slow, avoid daft colours too, why not consider a honda s2000 ? the boxster is just a poor mans 911

No comments:

Post a Comment