Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hi all loking for some advice I have been convicted of drink driving in the uk and am traveling?

I am going to nepal to climb everest in april and the u.s straight after. Will it be a poblem for me to go to these places with a D,U,I conviction. Will customs at the u.s not let me in as a result of this? Hope you can help!Hi all loking for some advice I have been convicted of drink driving in the uk and am traveling?
The U.S. has nothing to do with your U.K. conviction. Furthermore, they will never find out unless you tell them. You could get another license in another country although I don't know if the U.S. allows it for visitors (you may have to be a resident); They used to issue licenses to visitors before 9/11. Anyway, get a non U.K. license and use that to drive in the U.K. provided that you can show (or pretend) that your main residence is in fact in that other country. Just refrain from driving drunk, especially in the U.S. as they make a huge deal out of it and label you a criminal for the rest of your life. A friend of mine went through that ordeal and it cost her over $25000 in attorneys and court fees even though the D.U.I. charge was dropped and replaced with a lesser ';reckless driving'; charge. Enjoy your vacation.Hi all loking for some advice I have been convicted of drink driving in the uk and am traveling?
You can still come to the usa...
i should think not.. unless you killed some one while drunk drving!
  • face mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment