Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm transferring from the UK RAF to the RAAF any advice?

Ive put all my paperwork in just wainting for terms of service and a date to go. Is there anyone out there doing the same thing or have done? Whats it like? I will be posted to RAAF Williamtown, has anyone been there?I'm transferring from the UK RAF to the RAAF any advice?
My Dad was stationed at Williamtown and has retired nearby in Lemontree Passage. It's a nice spot on the NSW north coast.


If they give you accommodation, try and get somewhere near the coast Nelson Bay, rather than Raymond Terrace.


Needless to say, the base is noisy because of the FA18's, but it also shares the aerodrome with Newcastle Airport.


The squadrons there used to be on rotation to RAAF Butterworth, Malaysia, but not since the 1984.


I don't know if any squadron is currently on any rotation any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment