Monday, August 23, 2010

Need some advice how to help my mum in the uk.?

I have been in London for 2 years now. My mum came to London about 2 months now. She came here to get a better job and to help my brother and I financially. Just to mention it was her decision. My mother has a Master In Telecommunications engineer, and she has at least 10 years experience in the field. She has been here for 2 months and she has not got a proper response yet, like an interview. This is stressing her out a lot. Financially we are doing great, i mean am working so it isnt a problem. But with my brother coming to study, it will get a lot harder. My dad also is putting lots of pressure on her as he can only come here when my mum has a full time job contract. This is stressign her too much. I duno how can i help her? Any ideas.Need some advice how to help my mum in the uk.?
Tell your mom to work on improving her CV (or even seeking help from an expert regarding this).


It's all about ';how'; she presents her information.





After she gets herself a polished shiny CV, they will call her for interviews. So, she has to read about that a whole lot and practice in order to ace the interview.





Also, she should apply for jobs that suit her degree and experience.Need some advice how to help my mum in the uk.?
Your doing your part. You're working and therefore bringing in an income. Something will come along for her. Give it some more time. Just try to keep her thinking positively. You're a good daughter!
It could be her interview technique...or her C.V. (resume) style...if she's getting interviews then it might be her presentation. You dont mention what your nationality is...sometimes cultural differences can make it hard to fit in..maybe if your Mum were to meet other women of her nationality who have been in U.K for a while and they could give her tips.





Otherwise, make sure she is not over...or under qualified for the jobs she is trying to get.


good luck
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment