Monday, August 23, 2010

UK: Can I have some DSS/legal advice concerning the amount you can save please?

My Mother has dementia Alzheimer's. She receives a state pension, Attendance Allowance and Income Support. How much is she legally allowed to save before this effects her benefits?





My sister also has an illness. She receives Incapacity Benefit and DLA (mobility; lower rate; care; middle rate) She recieves no IS as she lives with me and Mum. How much is she legally allowed to save before this effects her benefits?





I recieve IS and Carer's allowance. How much can I save before affecting benefits?





Please email me if you wish. Thank you.UK: Can I have some DSS/legal advice concerning the amount you can save please?
Te same savings limit applies to all benefits - anything under 拢6000 is disregarded. If you ave savings of between 拢6000 and 拢16000 then your benefits will be reduced accordingly. But, if you've got 拢16000 or more you will not be entitled to any benefits.UK: Can I have some DSS/legal advice concerning the amount you can save please?
Six thousand pounds.
Ask them for information on this, they are obliged to give the information to you, it should consist of an information letter or something of the like.
You need to check with the DSS helpline as it changes so often.Your carers allowance shouldnt be affected it isnt a benefit it is a payment for taking care of someone.
Last time I heard 8 thousand. Could have gone up, where I work they dont save much so its not an issue at moment. ( social services)
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment