Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hoping to move to the UK next year; anybody who's already done it have any advice?

I have been fascinated with the UK (and europe in general) since I was a child. Recently, I have started the early stages of planning to move there. I know some people might think doing something like this is crazy, but I feel that it is a once in a lifetime experience that I want to have while I am still young (21 going on 22 in Oct. My gf just turned 25).





Now, I know the jist of what needs to be done: passports, visas, resumes, job applications, work permits, housing, etc. but I wanted to see if I could get a personal twist on any advice that I might be able to get. The only FAQ's that I could find online were several years old, and I wanted to see if I could get any updated advice.





Thank you to all who answer :-)





AaronHoping to move to the UK next year; anybody who's already done it have any advice?
you live in america i presume? well if you do you will have to get a british passport. (which means that you have to have parents who were born in england.) or you can get a work visa in which you will have to apply for. England is a great place to live. but you also have to think about the money exchange. the money exchange from the Us dollar to the pound is : 1$- 2.10 pounds. so if you move there, it will be like you are losing half of your money.Hoping to move to the UK next year; anybody who's already done it have any advice?
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/





is the perfect forum for you I think

No comments:

Post a Comment