Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Legal advice needed (UK);?

I chastised my 14yr old 2wks ago and she called the police as the youth of today seem to want to do- I had a sergeant (female) tell me ';I WISH THERE WERE MORE PARENTS LIKE YOU'; (true quote).


As a consequence of the police being called APPARENTLY it is the polices duty to notify the dreaded 'SOCIAL SERVICES' and I need to know if they have any rights to come interfering on my property without a court issued warrant- which surely can only be issued should there be any concern by the officers that investigated- Who had time with my daughter alone, full run of the house and were not impeded in any respect- I actually sat and watched my adolescant phone them- what else can I do- if they want to ring the police- who am I to stop them.


Can the SS come onto my property without a warrant, CAN I refuse them access?


I have nothing to hide but do not want to tolerate agencies like this in affairs that their obvious superiors have already dealt with (THE POLICE) and wish them all speed to the children that are really being abused.Legal advice needed (UK);?
If you have nothing to hide then the best way you can demonstrate that is to comply fully. The Social Services are greatly maligned and do excellent work.





Incidentally, the police are by no means superior to the social services, they do vastly different jobs.





***EDIT***


The social services work pishing hard to keep children safe and they do a damn good job for thousands of kids every single day. There are occasional tragedies, but by and large they do not have a 'poor track record', and they are far from 'militant'


If you've done nothing wrong, if the children are safe and thriving, then nothing further will happen. If you present with the kind of attitude you give here than they'll, completely understandably, think you're up to no good.Legal advice needed (UK);?
The best answer is taken as being a poor one, the social services are a frightened bunch of semi- toffs who are embroiled in red tape half the time and stuck up their own a**es for most of the other half- Their own job would be a damn sight easier if we had the death sentance for paedophiles.


LLTQ

Report Abuse



Social services have certain duties and responsibilities that will result in further action by them. If they have reason to believe that a minor is in physical danger then they can easily get legal access. Their powers are quite far reaching and most courts tend to err on their side, in the first instance, until the circumstances can be fully investigated.

No comments:

Post a Comment