Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Career advice for uk student?

I am just about to finish my degree in computing but have no idea what type of job I can get with the degree or what job I want to do!





My uni is useless and offers next to know help! Can anyone suggest either:





A. A list of jobs I can do with this degree


B. A site I can find jobs in the uk?





I really want a job in or around oxford, I am currently in Bolton. I leave uni in May and would really like to have a job to go into as soon as I leave!





Any help at all will be fantastic, thank you all.Career advice for uk student?
I'm not trying to be negative, but it might be hard for you to find a job anytime soon because of the world economy. There are too many people who were laid off of their jobs (worldwide) and currently looking for work now. So, you will be in competition with people who have much more experience and education than you have.


If you watch the news, I'm sure they will say something about thousands of people being laid off from this/that company, and how many thousands are losing their homes because they cannot afford to pay for it because they lost their jobs.





Hopefully, by next year things will be better. I do wish you the best of luck!Career advice for uk student?
In the USA we have a reference book called the Dictionary of Occupational Titles that lists careers according to the degree required.


Ask your librarian for a similar guide book that applies to UK.
Come to the US! As a European, you should have no problem! IT is still growing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment